Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

After upgrading to Qlikview 11.2 SR10 QVW Alert E-mails Not Working

Hi,

After upgrading 11.2 SR5 to 11.2 SR10 QVW alerts On Post Reload (E-mails) are not working anymore. We have been using these alerts since SR1 and they have been working in multiple QVWs without problem.

With SR 10, QMC continue to deliver e-mails successfully for:

• On task failures
  • PDF e-mails (PDF distributions)
  • Test e-mails from QMC Mail Server settings

Only Alerts and alert emails triggered On Post Reload with Batch more are not working after successful reload with QlikView Distribution Service.

Alerts are still working fine and triggering for on Open with Interactive mode when opened using Qlikview Developer (Desktop/Personal Edition). 

Attached picture shows an alert that used to work before upgrading. Does anyone used or tested QVW alert e-mails with 11.2 SR10 ? Or solved the similar issue?

On_Post_Reload_Batch_Alert_Not_working_anymore_with_SR10_upgrade.jpg

Thanks,

Ersen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Setting Mail Server Authentication to Anonymous solved the problem. QVW alerts started to be delivered again in SR10. We were using Distribution Service Account earlier but with this setting QVW alerts are not working anymore. Qlik support confirmed the issue as a bug.

So setting Anonymous Authentication helped us.

QlikView_MailServer_Set_Anonymous_Authentication_to_Solve_QVW_Alerts.jpg

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Does anyone upgraded from SR5 to SR10? Looks like there is a bug in QVW alerts in the upgrade.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think it broke somewhere about SR7. I have customers complaining of the problem on SR7 and SR10.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Temporary Solution:

• Setting up Windows tasks to load QVWs via Qlikview Desktop with /r parameter deliver alerts
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am on SR6 and it is fine, so that gels with Rob's observation of broken on SR7 and SR10.

From memory there was also an issue on SR5 I think.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Rob,

Have anyone open a support case on this?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I did:

Case 496938

Ersen

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Can you answer a couple of questions for me. Are you running the qvw as a task in publisher or you running it in Batch mode?

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe" /r=C:\SourceDocuments\alert.qvw

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

We load QVWs via tasks in QMS. Alerts are not getting delivered after upgrading from 11.2 SR5.

For temporary solution, I run QV.exe (desktop) in windows task scheduler to generate QVW alert e-mails.Exaample:

• "C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe"  /r=C:\SourceDocuments\alert.qvw

We have tested upgrading to recent SR10 build (build 11.2.12758) and even upgrading to SR 11. None of them solves the problem.

When we rebuild QVPR folder it starts generating QVW alerts. But it will be good amount of effort to recreate (may be import from different server) all existing tasks in production.

Is there another way to rebuild QVPR folder without loosing all configuration and tasks?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ok,

I have tested it in 11.20 SR5 and I can't get it to work. I am not sure what rebuilding the QVPR has to do with it not working other than maybe there were issues with the mail server settings.

Bill