cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alert emails not sent

Hi,

I'm trying to get alert emails sent out by my QV server when a document reload fails.

I've entered the relevant information in the "Mail setup" and proved this is correct using the 'send test email' function. That works because I receive the email.

I then used the same target email address in the 'Alerts' tab of my QV server.

I then ran a reload of one of the documents and forced it to fail (i removed one of the QVD files that my document requires).

Sure enough the Task status shows that my reload failed, but i do not get any email.

What am I missing?

I've checked the logs and cannot find anything of note - apart from the entry to say that my reload failed.

We're running QV11.20. We do not have Publisher installed.

All help greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dave

2 Replies
lawrenceiow
Creator II
Creator II

I had this same problem last week. I had to ask our IT Dept for the correct settings.

The problem was to do the Authentication Method, I was surprised to learn that I need to set this to Anonymous but I got the impression that IT were setting something up on the mail server to allow this to work. Whatever it was they did there end certainly worked as I now successfully receive the alerts.

image242
Creator
Creator

Hi David,

Try going to Distribution Services/QDS/General Tab via your QMC and make sure Alert E-Mail is checked in your source folder path.

Hope that helps,

Jason