cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III

Alerts Not working in QMC

I have setup Qlikview Alert in the App checking for some row counts. The Alerts  are working if I reload in Qlikview Desktop. But when I run the same App on QMC I am not getting any email. My task failure emails are working which tells me that my server settings are correct.

Any idea what I might be missing here.

QV Server 12.2 SR7

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @Rehan .

Have a look at the Qlik Support article "Overview of email notification and alerts in QlikView Server, Publisher and Desktop," and refer to the QlikView Desktop > When do you use the email functionality in QlikView Desktop? section.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I suspect the issue is in the Alert configuration, there are two runtime options for alerts, 'interactive' and 'batch' in the case of running things via QMC/Publisher, you need to be sure 'batch' is checked:

Alert Batch Setting.png

Hopefully this is all it is, shout back if this does not do the trick.

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @Rehan .

Have a look at the Qlik Support article "Overview of email notification and alerts in QlikView Server, Publisher and Desktop," and refer to the QlikView Desktop > When do you use the email functionality in QlikView Desktop? section.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I suspect the issue is in the Alert configuration, there are two runtime options for alerts, 'interactive' and 'batch' in the case of running things via QMC/Publisher, you need to be sure 'batch' is checked:

Alert Batch Setting.png

Hopefully this is all it is, shout back if this does not do the trick.

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.