Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Are extensions objects supported by QV Information Access Server?

Hi,

I recently discovered there was a version of the QlikView server called "Information Access Server", which does not provide any user interface to access the server documents. Instead, the UI has to be implemented from scratch or using the QV web workbench. I made a few searches but was not able to find much information about it and I am wondering if extensions objects are supported by IAS. I would say no given that extensions run on top of the Ajax client, but maybe is it possible since all objects have to be rendered manually without an existing QlikView client.

Also, I would be interested in viewing what an IAS looks like. Can anybody provide an URL so I can have a look at it?

3 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

IAS does allow Ajax client, and hence, extensions. (At least, that what the latest Licensing document says).

Not applicable
Author

Where can I find the latest licensing document? The one I have is from July 2011 and states that "No client (plugin, ajax) can access the IAS. All UI has to be implemented by the client, either manually or by using QlikView WorkBench."

I tried to find a more recent revision but the partner portal is currently down for maintenance.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I just downloaded it from the Salesforce library.