Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csellei
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Authorization Alerts

Hi all,

I have a customer who wants to have alerts on authorization. What they want is some way to know when a user gives DMS authotization for an APP to an AD user or group.

I was lookin into de QMC audit log, but I didn't found anything relevant there.

I'll appreciate any help.

Best regards.

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

By using the DMS authorization the only place where AFAIK you could find the information which user/usergroup has access to which application are the *.meta files within your mounted folders. This are binary-files and difficult to read but meanwhile it should be possible to read them with the SharedFileViewer from the Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView.

What is a Meta file in QlikView?

Re: Reading .meta file into Qlikview

To find out such things who changed what within the qmc (I assume this would be covered then until now I haven't it used)  might be qmc-auditing be useful: Re: deleted task details in QMC

- Marcus

csellei
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

I exported the .meta file to xml with Power Tools Shared File Viewer, it works just fine and there is information about which users are authotized to the app, but unfortunately there is not information about who gave the authorization.

Regards.

Christian.

marcus_sommer

I think if it's somewhere logged who did a change to a qmc-setting then it will be the qmc-auditing. Have you tried this: Re: deleted task details in QMC?

- Marcus