Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Can I delete .shared files when a document is not published ?

Hello,

I have Qlikview Server 11.2 with many documents and in the logs there a remany informations like that :

2017-09-19 11:40:52 2017-09-19 14:47:37 4 700 Information SE_LOG: MetaService - GetData: Could not get info due to (The system cannot find the file specified.), of document ddd/qvw/MY_DATA.qvw

Because there is a .shared.

But the document is not opened to any user. It is just in a directory scanned by QlikView Server but it is not meant to be published or have shared information.  Can I delete .shared and how can i avoid such a message ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

.Shared file contains the additional info like USER bookmarks , objects etc if the doc is not published yet then no problem in deleting 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
avinashelite

.Shared file contains the additional info like USER bookmarks , objects etc if the doc is not published yet then no problem in deleting 

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks for your answer

but how can they have been created if they were never published ?  the server creates a .shared everytime it sees a .qvw in a browsing folder ?

avinashelite

By default it will be created ...since its not published it will not contain any user info