Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I remove setting of session timeout?

Hi

I have received an inquiry.

They want to remove setting of session timeout.

I told them about  setting of「Maximum Inactive Session Time」and got answer.

They say they didn't enter anything in「Maximum Inactive Session Time」.

Please tell me about the following contents.

①Can I remove setting of session timeout?

②what hours is the  Maximum number can I set for session timeout?(Maximum Inactive Session Time)

Best Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if the setting itself could be removed without either creating an error or forcing the tool to use a (probably hard-coded default value) if it find no (valid) setting. If the max. valid value for the setting is too small you could try it with the value of 0 which often meant that no timeout will be applied.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if the setting itself could be removed without either creating an error or forcing the tool to use a (probably hard-coded default value) if it find no (valid) setting. If the max. valid value for the setting is too small you could try it with the value of 0 which often meant that no timeout will be applied.

- Marcus

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Adding to Marcus, there are several reason why a user will be timed out, like a network load balancer or proxy between the user and QlikView Web Server closing the session. These elements are not managed from the QMC or QlikView at all.

See here also: Qlikview Server memory usage

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

ther is no remove option for this but you can set as 0 for session time out there is no issue with this