Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can not search users in Active Directory "An oprations error occurred"

Hello,

After a fresh installation of QlikView server on Windows server I am unable to search the users from Active Directory. Please follow the screenshot below.

1.png

2.png

Also I can see on error message “An operations error occurred” on Active Directory.

How can i access user names form Active Directory.

thank you

Regards

Sam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The account running the directory service connector (DSC) needs to be a member of the domain to have rights to query the Active Directory.

Another way, is to provide the credentials of an account that is a domain member in the login tab for the DSC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It seems that my QlikView admin user (what i have used to install QV) is not able to login into Directory Service. In my case it is a local admin. I can access the DS without any problem if I change the user form QVadmin to a domain user. So now my question is what are the user criterias to access directory service as a local admin. In my case what rights i should give to user "QVadmin" so it can access directory service.

1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The account running the directory service connector (DSC) needs to be a member of the domain to have rights to query the Active Directory.

Another way, is to provide the credentials of an account that is a domain member in the login tab for the DSC.