Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebastian_gymer
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Can the "Mail with bookmark as a link" -functionality be made available for all users?

Hello,

The "Mail with bookmark as a link" -option in a QlikView document is a handy way of sharing an interesting view with other users:

MailWithBookmark.PNG

When that option in the menu is clicked it, a new Email window opens up containing a link.

The link opens the QlikView document in the same exact state as it was when the link was generated (assuming the recipient of the link has privileges to view the document & data etc)...

However:

We recently upgraded a QlikView environment's license model.

Previously: Named User CALs and Session CALs were used. 
- The "Mail with bookmark as a link" -option was then visible for all users (according to client, could not verify at this point).

After the license model changed: User-based licenses (Professional and Analyzer Users) &  Capacity-based licenses (Analyzer capacity) are used.
- Now the "Mail with bookmark as a link" -option seems to be visible for only users that have a Professional license allocated to them.

1) Does someone know if this functionality can be made visible for all users?
2) Or if there's some kind of a workaround for this, like somehow being able to generate the URL themselves and then just sending it via Email to other users?

3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sebastian, best I have for you is the following Help link, but you may have to do some further surfing.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

I am honestly not sure of which of the dual use license types should work etc.  Let me know if you cannot find anything definitive in the Help, and I can try to see if I can find someone to have a look, I may reach out to one of the guys I know to see if he can have a look at things, as he may know more than I do on this one.

Have actually asked the QlikView Product Manager to have a look at this one, will let you know what comes back.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
sebastian_gymer
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks Brett,

We are receiving support from Qlik for this issue already so at the moment everything is OK.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ah, ok, I did hear back from Product Management, they are checking into things to see what can be done, do you know if we did a Jira case for you, if so, if you have that ID, can you post or private message me, as I can send that back to the PM...  If all you have is your Case #, that may work too, but again, you can private message me if you like.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.