Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cant print from java/IE/ajax

I have uploaded several qlikview apps to server and viewing them works fine with all three client type (java/ie/ajax). On every sheet I have a print button with an action to print the sheet. This works fine with the desktop client but when I click the button on the web nothing happens.

In 'QlikView Server Settings', tab 'Print' I have entered the settings I think is correct.

What could be wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Those settings should work. However, just to clarify what will happen: your desktop and IE Plugin clients will have no trouble printing using the button you created. Java is finicky is general, so it's hard to predict this type of behavior--I suspect that you will get some sort of error that will then need to be troubleshooted if you actually use the Java client. AJAX won't be able to use the button at all because it's actually a macro, which is not supported with AJAX. Your Server Settings\Print settings will enable AJAX printing of objects (using the small print icon in the upper-right hand corner of each object), but not sheets.

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Please post your Server Settings\Print settings here.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply!

My print settings are:

URL:
http://[IP number]/QvPrint/

FOLDER:
D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Qvs\QvPrint\

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Those settings should work. However, just to clarify what will happen: your desktop and IE Plugin clients will have no trouble printing using the button you created. Java is finicky is general, so it's hard to predict this type of behavior--I suspect that you will get some sort of error that will then need to be troubleshooted if you actually use the Java client. AJAX won't be able to use the button at all because it's actually a macro, which is not supported with AJAX. Your Server Settings\Print settings will enable AJAX printing of objects (using the small print icon in the upper-right hand corner of each object), but not sheets.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replies they have been very helpful!

Martin.

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

My Macro scripts for 'Print Sheet' works well in 'IE Plugin' Browser client. However, it is not working in 'AJAX zero foot print' Browser client. Please find below the Macros used in the application. Right from the Vlas resonse, I understand it is not possible to Print the Sheet using Macro. However, is there any other solution to print the sheets in AJAX client?

Sub PrintCurrentSheet
Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
objWord.Visible = False
Set objDoc = objWord.Documents.Add
Const wdOrientLandscape = 1
objDoc.PageSetup.Orientation = wdOrientLandscape
ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.CopyBitmapToClipboard false
objWord.Selection.Paste
Const wdAlignParagraphCenter = 1
objDoc.Paragraphs(1).Alignment = wdAlignParagraphCenter
objDoc.PrintOut()
DO WHILE objWord.BackgroundPrintingStatus > 0
LOOP
objWord.Quit wdDoNotSaveChanges
Set objWord = Nothing
Set objDoc = Nothing
END SUB

Thanks,

Manoj

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Manoj,

Most macros don't work in AJAX, but Actions do. There is a specific Print Sheet Action available.

Regards,