Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Not applicable

Configurable ODBC Group Resolution not working

Has anyone gotten group resolution for configurable odbc to work?  I'm trying to add groups to a document and the configurable ODBC doesn't resolve groupid in search string in add users.

Here is an example of my user view:

EntityID                EntityName          descr      Email

2500800000578     2500800000578    UserX      UserX@email.com

Here is the SQL code for the Users view:

select

cast(clientid as bigint)*100000000 + cast(userid as bigint) as EntityID,

cast(clientid as bigint)*100000000 + cast(userid as bigint) as EntityName,

FirstName + ' ' + LastName as descr,

Email

from dbo.Users with (nolock);

Here is an example of my group view:

ID                         MemberID           GroupID

2500800000024     2500800000578    2500800000024

I'm trying to add group 2500800000024 but if I try to search for it when adding users/groups, nothing is resolved.

Here is the SQL code to create the usergroup view:

select

cast(clientid as bigint)*100000000 + cast(usertypeid as bigint)  as ID,

cast(clientid as bigint)*100000000 + cast(userid as bigint) as MemberID,

cast(clientid as bigint)*100000000 + cast(usertypeid as bigint) as GroupID

from dbo.Users with (nolock);

Any ideas as to how this might work is greatly appreciated.

Servers are running QlikView 10 SR2

The ODBC connection is to SQL server.

Thanks,

Jeff G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Ok, so bottomline, the documentation is completely unhelpful.  I worked through the group resolution issue and as far as I'm concerned it's a bug.

The world I'm supporting has many many users, so many that using a bigint datatype for the entityid is required.  When doing user resolution, having the bigint works without issue.

However, try to get a bigint working in the groups table and you are going to find that group resolution won't work.  The reason is that while you can make the memberid and groupid a bigint, the code for reading the fields will only recognize values up to max(int) or approximately 2.1 billion.  My opinion, this is a big ole bug that hopefully will be addressed soon.

2 Replies
Not applicable

hi Jeffrey

documentations for Configurable ODBC...

---

36.2 Configurable ODBC
The ODBC database has to have two table, or two views, one for entities and one for groups.
The entity table must have the four following fields: entityid, name, descr and email. The fields name,
descr and email must be strings. Entityid must be a unique identifier (suitable for primary key).
The groups table must contain two fields: groupid and memberid. Together these two fields create a
unique identifier.

---

The 'memberid' should contain the 'uid' and the 'groups' info should contain the name on the group.

Thnks.

Not applicable

Ok, so bottomline, the documentation is completely unhelpful.  I worked through the group resolution issue and as far as I'm concerned it's a bug.

The world I'm supporting has many many users, so many that using a bigint datatype for the entityid is required.  When doing user resolution, having the bigint works without issue.

However, try to get a bigint working in the groups table and you are going to find that group resolution won't work.  The reason is that while you can make the memberid and groupid a bigint, the code for reading the fields will only recognize values up to max(int) or approximately 2.1 billion.  My opinion, this is a big ole bug that hopefully will be addressed soon.

Community Browser