Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craig157
Creator II
Creator II

Dashboard not appearing on AccessPoint

Hi All,

I am having an issue of dashboards appearing for some users but not users on the Qlikview Access Point.

Even when the license is assigned to a User they do not see the dashboard.

For the dashboard I have got enabled 'IE Client' & 'Full Browser & Small Device Version'

The Document CAL is assigned to the User (not been able to login yet since he can't see it)

If I search for the User in the 'User Management' section on the Qlikview Management Console I can see the document under the 'CALS' section. 

Could anyone advise? I personally can see the Dashboard on the Qlikview Access Point but I am using a User Cal license.

Thanks

Craig

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Craig,

Visibility of / Access to QlikView documents is handled in the authorization step, so QlikView checks whether or not the user has access to the document before it is able to show it on the AccessPoint. 

CALs, on the other hand, are used for licensing, so they determined if the user is licensed to use the product once they attempt to open a document they have access to.

Depending on what authorization method you are using (NTFS or DMS), you'll first need to make sure the user has access. See the Qlik Online help for more info on authorization methods that we have.

So it could be that the users that cannot see the document are not in a Windows User group that has access to the document or have not been individually added. Some information on that can be found in this article (000070607), though it is written the other way around "help, I can see more than I should".

It could also be that the users are not part of a Section Access table, if the document has Section Access configured. There's some more info on that in this article (kb 000005611).

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Craig,

Visibility of / Access to QlikView documents is handled in the authorization step, so QlikView checks whether or not the user has access to the document before it is able to show it on the AccessPoint. 

CALs, on the other hand, are used for licensing, so they determined if the user is licensed to use the product once they attempt to open a document they have access to.

Depending on what authorization method you are using (NTFS or DMS), you'll first need to make sure the user has access. See the Qlik Online help for more info on authorization methods that we have.

So it could be that the users that cannot see the document are not in a Windows User group that has access to the document or have not been individually added. Some information on that can be found in this article (000070607), though it is written the other way around "help, I can see more than I should".

It could also be that the users are not part of a Section Access table, if the document has Section Access configured. There's some more info on that in this article (kb 000005611).

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
craig157
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sonja,

Thanks for the details - I will investigate further.

The person in question has access to another Dashboard setup in that same location and they can see it on the Qlikview Accesspoint so just seems really odd.

craig157
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Also it appears to be setup on the NTFS Authorisation 

craig157
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Sonja!

Problem solved - there was some AD Priviledges that related to a folder.

Just moved them back to the same folder as the other dashboard (the one that was working) reloaded the dashboards and hey presto it works!

Cheers

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Glad I was able to help! 🙂