Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

Delete unused tasks from QMC

Hi Team,

I would like to know the QMC tasks in Qlikview which are not running since more than 6 months or which are disabled. I wanted to delete those unused tasks. Could you please tell me how to identify those tasks. I don't want to do it manually. Because we have 1000+ tasks in QMC. 

Appreciate your help. 

Thanks,

Sagar Kharpude

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello,

To programatically delete QDS tasks, you may be able to use the QlikView Management Service (QMS) APIs. A good place to start is the QlikView Developers section in the online Qlik Help, the QMS API reference.

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello,

To programatically delete QDS tasks, you may be able to use the QlikView Management Service (QMS) APIs. A good place to start is the QlikView Developers section in the online Qlik Help, the QMS API reference.

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

I happen to know that our Consulting team is working on this right now for another customer using the APIs mentioned by Chip. If you're looking to buy a solution instead of programming it yourself, get in touch with Consulting.

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Chris

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure which version of QlikView you are running, but in the 12.10 and later releases, there is the following setting, which will clean up the QDS Application Data folders such that anything you have deleted in the QMS/QMC side will also be cleaned up on the QDS side as well.  You would have to delete things in the QMC though in order for this to do its job, and I am assuming you want to be able to run something that checks for things that are older than a certain date and disabled etc. and delete them automatically, and if that is the case, that would be to what Chris was referring, but the additional piece to this is the following entry in the QDS exe.config:

EnableAdvancedFilePurge - This setting purges deleted tasks and their associated triggers and results files in the Distribution Service Application Data folder.  The purge runs once per day.  Should only be enabled on one node in the QDS cluster, not all nodes.  Note: this setting was introduced in 12.10 and later tracks and is a hidden setting, meaning it must be manually added to the config file in the ****** Program Settings ****** section.  Default value is "false".

Not the state about having a QDS cluster setup, the setting goes on only ONE of the nodes in this case, as we do not want all of the nodes trying to do this cleanup, one is sufficient.  Hopefully this may come in handy if you get the other part automated etc.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.