Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muthu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Deploy Application to different machine

Hi,

Is it possible I can deploy application using publisher from one machine to other??

If yes please tell me how??

Thanks in Advance.

Muthu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you have a publisher, distribution to another machine is pretty easy.

In the Reload/Reduce/Distribute/Whatever task of your document-to-distribute-to-another-machine, open the Distribute tab. There are two options available to you:

1. Distribute to QlikView Server: press the green +-icon to the right to add another distribution destination, select the server, the mount point and the users you want to distribute to, and press apply.
  2. Distribute to Folder (at the bottom): If there isn't a QVS available on the remote machine, you can still distribute directly to a (single) share. Enter the UNC path of the share on the remote machine, or click the browse... icon to the right of the input field. Note that this method drops the qvw document in the remote folder without any further ceremony...

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you have a publisher, distribution to another machine is pretty easy.

In the Reload/Reduce/Distribute/Whatever task of your document-to-distribute-to-another-machine, open the Distribute tab. There are two options available to you:

1. Distribute to QlikView Server: press the green +-icon to the right to add another distribution destination, select the server, the mount point and the users you want to distribute to, and press apply.
  2. Distribute to Folder (at the bottom): If there isn't a QVS available on the remote machine, you can still distribute directly to a (single) share. Enter the UNC path of the share on the remote machine, or click the browse... icon to the right of the input field. Note that this method drops the qvw document in the remote folder without any further ceremony...

Best,

Peter

Muthu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply,

When I am trying to add the new server by clicking on the green button,

I am not able to see the new machine name there.

Can you please help me in this.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QlikView Server in this case (and all others as well) means "a machine running QVS". You will see server names in this list only if you configured additional QlikView servers in QMC->System->Setup->QlikView Servers.

This technique can be used only for your current QVS (that may be hosted on a different machine than the Publisher is running on) or if you have a Load Balancing set-up using multiple QVS instances.

Best,

Peter