Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different traces of copies on the Accesspoint

Hello,

My client is using SBE and QVS without Publisher and can hence use only NTFS Authorisation. This is new for me that he cannot use DMS.

QVS Version is 11.0.11426.0.

The Users see a lot of Qlikview Applications which I have previously placed in the Folder "Userdocuments" [I use for Distribution] and later removed by me in the Accesspoint.This folder also includes the QlikView Applications which I distribute via Jobs and Authorization.

As It is SBE, I see  in QMC only Documents->Userdocuments Tabs and NO Sourcedocuments.

I have all my Source and Documents attached to this Userdocuments tab. May be thats why I am seeing all the QV Applications?

I know there are META and SHARED files including BorrowedCalData.pgo,CalData.pgo,ServerCounters.pgo and TicketData.pgo files which are present due to Distribution. What settings I have to do so that Users see only the Documents which I have in Reload and want to distribute?

Thanks in Advance

Sravan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You are right, when tou have SBE you can not use the DMS mode. For DMS mode to activate you must have EE server.

And then you dont have Published installed , all your applications whether they are used for reports or for ETL will be there under User Document.

There are two ways you can achieve what you want.

1. Create a separate folder for the ETL applications and then link then using the Mount Folder, and when you mount a folder you will find the button called Browsable, you uncheck this and they will not be seen to users.

2. Because you are using NTFS mode of security, your security is handled by Windows, so you can go to properties of each of the application by right click -> Properties. Here you can put your user name to whom you want to show the application on browser and remove everyone else.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You are right, when tou have SBE you can not use the DMS mode. For DMS mode to activate you must have EE server.

And then you dont have Published installed , all your applications whether they are used for reports or for ETL will be there under User Document.

There are two ways you can achieve what you want.

1. Create a separate folder for the ETL applications and then link then using the Mount Folder, and when you mount a folder you will find the button called Browsable, you uncheck this and they will not be seen to users.

2. Because you are using NTFS mode of security, your security is handled by Windows, so you can go to properties of each of the application by right click -> Properties. Here you can put your user name to whom you want to show the application on browser and remove everyone else.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for your help. Your first way helped me. Now I am finding it difficult to delete the previous task which was prior to mount folder installation as you proposed so that I can assign the new tasks with Mountfolder.

Do you know how to delete the previous task without Publisher?

Thanks in advance

Sravan

Not applicable
Author

Actually I have made a reset as before without Mount folder so that I can remove the Task. I know that then only I can see the task but I dont see the option to delete a task. Wierd...

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

According to me the steps i had given you should work.

Kindly tell me what you have done and what is not working with example

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

By changing to "None" in the reload task of the User Documents, I could get rid of task. Thanks