Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Do I need to assign a document cal for a named user?

Hey,

for a couple of documents we have only named users who have access to the document.

IF I set the number of document cals for these documents to 0 (because there are no users who need a document cal) The following message pops up:

Acces denied! The server (QVS) is currently out of SESSION and USAGE CALS.

When I put the number of document cals to 1 then there is no problem for the named users.They can login.

This seems strange to me, because it costs one document cal for each document with only named users.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Grt.

Frank

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Your QlikView Server is crashing - contact QlikTech Support.  If it happens at the same moment as the user error message, it's likely the same root cause.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The way it's supposed to work is that QlikView checks for available CALs in this order: Named User, Document, Session, Usage.  If the first CAL type is not available it moves on to the second, and so on.

Do these users already have named CALs assigned to them?  A possibility is that a named CAL is unavailable for some reason, and it sees that there are no Doc CALs for that document, and no session or usage CALs in the license.

Not applicable
Author

The user mentioned above already have a name cal. As the name user opens the document he doesn't take the document cal, the document cal is still available.

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What messages are in the QlikView Server event log that coincide with the access denied user message?

Not applicable
Author

300          Error          Restart: Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, general exception detected during document open.

2012-03-30 18:58:44          2012-03-30 18:59:41          4          700          Information          Document PreLoad: Stop

And then it starts unloading a couple of documents.

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Your QlikView Server is crashing - contact QlikTech Support.  If it happens at the same moment as the user error message, it's likely the same root cause.