cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doc CALs showing multiple sessions (documents) per user

Hi all,

On QV 10, using the QEMC management console > Status (tab) > QVS Statistics > Select server:

Open Documents tab is showing a count of 19 uses (for example), but when I go to the 'Active Users' it is showing 10 individual 'Name's, but one of those names listed has a count (Number of Documents) as 10.

Does anyone know why this happens, and how to resolve (excluding a reload which resets it)?

Thanks,

Sam

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Any ideas on this? I can provide more info if needed.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can't you post a screen shot of what you are talking about.  It would appear to me the user has 10 document open.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sure, please see attached. The issue is that they don't actually have 3 sessions open, these are just locked open (until reset).

The use in the attached has 1 active session and 2 sessions locked.Multiple sessions.PNG

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This just looks like the user has three document open. I really don't see anything wrong here, if you look under Documents and users you should see the documents the user has open..

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

There is only one document on this server, so they have that open 3 times according to the log. Whereas on their actual PC they only have 1 instance of the document open.

We are concerned that perfomance will drag when this happens and that the memory footprint will extend 10% per user session.

These are doc CALS btw.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You will need to look at the session logs and see if the users has open the document three times.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, they have opened it three times, but only one session is actually open. The user got click happy before it loads and clicked three times. Only one session is actually open on their PC though, so my question is how can we stop these multiple sessions being logged? and does this have any impact on footprint etc

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Is the user using session Cals or Named User Cals. There is a minimum time period before a session cal is released back into the pool once it is used. I think the time period is 15 minutes. Next time if you don't restart QVS check and see if they clear after about 15 minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately they don't, and this is the main problem.

We have seen this build up to as many as 30 for one user