Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthieu_burel
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Document Administrator vs Document Supervisor...

I found in a QlikView video on youtube. Correct me if it's wrong but I understood that :

- Definition of Document Administrator in the "Folder Access" tab permits to delegate a Document Administration perimeter to a user which is not member of the QlikView Administrator Group

- Definition of Document Supervisor in the "Folder Access" tab permits to give access in the accesspoint to all applications of the directory on which are given rights which user is not member of the QlikView Administrator Group... this without being obliged to declare the user in the document tab of the QMC.

My problem is that it works for Document Administrator, not for Document Supervisor : nothing in the accesspoint.

Have you got this trouble ?

11 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Matthieu,

Does the user have a valid license assigned? He will need it as Supervisor to see the documents. Plus, if yo. Are using NTFS security, make sure the user has proper rights in the filesystem.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

matthieu_burel
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Miguel,

The user has a UserCAL and my server is configured in DMS security mode.

While he is add to "whole server" Supervisor, nothing for him in the accesspoint

Matthieu

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Matthieu,

Any section access in your documents that might be avoiding him to see the documents if the QVW files do not have it in?

Miguel

matthieu_burel
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

No section access... 😞

I test it with the user account give right in the doc tab and it works... Why not with supervisor ?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Matthieu,

Try first as Supervisor of the folder, instead of the whole server.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

matthieu_burel
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Nothing...

I test with the whole server / root folder / mounted folder... Nothing more

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the changes will be effective only after you distribute your documents. I found that QV would not inherit permissions of the folders and would override them on a document. So to make this work, make you changes in QMC first then kick off your job to publish your documents to your access point folder.

Now even after that it might not work right away and it will take some time for QV to actually propagate permissions to those documents. I am guessing it scanning security groups periodically and not that often,

But if you restart all QV services though, you should see the change. Open properties of your file in file explorer and check security tab - the account that you added as Supervisor, should be there.

KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Matthieu,

Sorry for digging an old thread, but did you manage to get it to work in the end? I'm also using DMS security mode, and I can't get the "supervisor" to work. I re-ran the distribution tasks, and it is still the same.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Khim,

Doc Admins must be used with either Active Directory or Local Directory DSPs only.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!