Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Does Possible Session Timeout apply to Usage ?

Hi,

We have a Qlikview Server with all kind of licences.

We are mostly using Session licences but we have Usage licences to be sure everybody will be able to connect.

The problem is that our Usage number is going low because we have more and more users.

I would like to reduce the "Possible Session Timeout" to make people give back their Session quickly but I would like to be sure that this setting only applies to Session, not Usage. It would be strange to apply it on Usage but I would like to have confirmation.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Answer to myself after a call to the support :

I have first discovered that the minimum duration of a Session is 15 minutes. So I'd say that it's not useful to put a Possible Session Timeout less than 15 minutes.

And I had confirmation that Qlikview first looks at the Session to know if there is an idle one which had Possible Session Timeout before using a Usage CAL

View solution in original post

1 Reply
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Answer to myself after a call to the support :

I have first discovered that the minimum duration of a Session is 15 minutes. So I'd say that it's not useful to put a Possible Session Timeout less than 15 minutes.

And I had confirmation that Qlikview first looks at the Session to know if there is an idle one which had Possible Session Timeout before using a Usage CAL