Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Downgrade server from 11 to 10, HELP

Hello everyone,

For many reasons, I 'd like to try to downgrade the Qv server from 11 to 10.

But, Right after the installation of the Qv 10 server. I can't get any access to management console.

All the services are started, the user is in the QlikView admin group.

When I tried to access to management console,or access point, (http://localhost:4780/qmc/default.htm) the web page tells me HTTP 400 , can't find the web page.

It's pretty weird, because everything worked fine just before I uninstall QV11 server and put QV10 server Instead.

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It seems like I have got exactly the same problem. Please let me know if you have managed to solve this.

Thanks

Tom

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Try clearning you deleting all the stuff in  Browsing history. Under Tools General tab.

You did delete all the QlikView folders and stuff after the version 11 uninstall?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill,

It did help but I also had to delete QlikView Server entries in the registry. I have managed to install version 10 and it is all working fine now.

Not applicable
Author

We have the  same issue but after  deleting registry entries and all qlikview folders we arent still able to get into the management console does anyone still have the issue or is there something i might be missing??

Regards

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Alfredo,

The folders that store the htm, js, css and aspx files are different from version 10 to 11, so you should check the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech for config.xml files where the Web Server stores the paths to these folders.

By the way, are you running QVWS or IIS as web server?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Im using QVWS

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel for the help, if i try deleting al the Program Data/QlikTech folder and reinstall Qlikview Server 10 will it work?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

You will lose all the information regarding server configuration, licenses and so but yes, that should be the first step (rename it, that will do) to make an upgrade work.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel ill do that.