Please can someone help with the following, I have spent the last day searching threads although I've not been able to find a solution.
We have a number of documents which due to our reload frequency (10 Mins) and refresh mode (1 Hour). This can generate multiple version and is expected. Due to the timeout settings (4 Hours) we expect the server to drop qvw's still loaded from memory as the day progresses. I understand cached memory will remain.
1) How can use the log files (or another solution) to see if a qvw truly has been dropped from RAM?
2) Is it possible to replicate a chart similar to the picture attached to see memory allocation in more detail?
3) Can I see from the log files (or another solution) which qvw's are allocated in memory / loaded
4) Can I chart Virtual Memory (i.e. Hard Drive) to see if QV is exceeding RAM and using VM instead of purging old QVW's
We currently believe QVS is not dropping QVW's from memory after timeout and this is causing performance issues although I can't prove this either way. Help with some or all of the questions above would be gratefully received. Any further help or advice around this issue would also be very beneficial to us.
1. If you have debug logging enable on QVS you should see the document being unloaded from memory. However, the timeout setting only starts when the last person logs out of the QVW and if someone logs back into the document it will start over when the the last person logs out.
2. 3. 4. The System Monitor application can help you with this information. You can download it here.
I have two SMA's (three now thank you, will look at this today) and am logging all aspects of QVS at high level. Although I'm trying to find that elusive message or field that denotes a QVW dropping from memory.
We are using both Inactive and Total session timeouts. Data is refreshed but we don't want to force people to reload the dashboard every 10 mins, instead we give them the option to refresh. Just before the hour is up a macro opens a text box that can't be moved or minimized (rendering the dashboard unusable) asking them to refresh and after an hour of inactive they "should" be kicked out of the app.....
This is where we have concerns. Because we're refreshing so frequently but don't ask people to take the latest data we expect there's multiple versions of the same dashboard being held in memory. After the hour (or 4 hours total) they are either kicked out or refresh to the latest version which would release the app memory.... Trouble is how to prove this is or isn't happening....
Any further support you can offer will be gratefully received.
Chart shows Max(LoadedDocs) for one day. Crash at 3am is the server restart. we have about 20 live apps