Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error installing QV11SR2 on Win2003(x86) on ICACLS_QVS_WIN2003

One of my QA people was trying to perform an installation of QV11 SR2 (Server and Management Console profile only), and keeps getting the following error:

Error 1721: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.  A program required for this install to complete could not be run.  Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: ICACLS_QVS_WIN2003, location :...\QlikViewServer...

I attached the relevant clip of the MSI Log.

I was logged in as the local Administrator account.

Can anyone provide guidance?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

This is a problem with QV 11 SR 2 x86 (32 bits). But this issue was corrected in the new version 11.440 (SR2 U2).

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

please check before instalation your pc 64 or 32 bit if 32 u need to download 32 bit software

like 64 software this is the basic step have u done this step

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

I got the same behavior when I was trying this combination (32bit, 2003 and SR2). SR1 is working fine. Think there is a bug.

Not applicable
Author

This was 32-bit

Not applicable
Author

Ok, if that's the case, who does this get escalated to?  Our product code freeze is in 3 days, and Windows Server 2003 (x86) is one of our primary supported platforms.

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I have some temporary login error on the Partner Portal for the moment but will logon as soon this is fixed and search if it’s a known bug in SR2 build 114114 x32. Try to install SR1 at the moment if you not running SR1 already. That was working for me. Mine very, very small customer went from v9 IR so there was a big different for them and not so big deal to not get SR2.

Then I suggest to you to consider to upgrading the machine you are running QlikView Server on to a 64bit instead.

Not applicable
Author

I can kick back to SR1, we are moving from v10 to v11 with this release to keep current with QV; but the product needs to be able to install on 32-bit platforms; we have a large base of 32-bit systems out there in the field that we need to be able to upgrade, and who may not be inclined to buy new hardware.

kim_rormark
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I also got the same Error 1721 ICACLS_QVS_WIN2003 on Windows 2003 Server SP2.

I read the log-file from the msi-installer, and saw that the error occured while running a command towards the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer:

Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=ICACLS_QVS_WIN2003,ActionType=1026,Source=BinaryData,Target= "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer" /INHERITANCE:R,)

What I did was create these folders inside Application Data (QlikTech\QlikViewServer), so that the folder structure was complete before i ran the installer again. I'd recommend doing this with the same user as you are installing QlikView Server with, because of permissions.

After I did this the installation was successful! I don't know if this would work for everyone, but I'd recommend trying this, as it is a easy fix if it works for you too, and rather safe in my opinion!

Please update this thread if this fixes the 1721 error problem!

konda_haribabu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi ,

can you please try these options

1. Before going to install the SR2 version , you will do a manual uninstallation of existing version.

2. When ever the error comes you can use the .msi file of SR1 installation to uninstall the existing version.

i face the same issue during the migration of SR2 and resolved using .MSI file of the earliar version.

Regards/Hari.

Not applicable
Author

Although valid suggestions, they are non-starters in production environments as they require manual intervention i.e. a support call from the customer to complete the installation or upgrade. The documentation clearly states that it can be installed on Windows Server 2003, for this type of error to slip past QA checking into GA is not acceptable.

For now, I can deal with installing SR1; we were trying to stay current by deploying the most current GA release (SR2); but I've logged a support incident via the QConnect portal so that this gets addressed.