Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g_westaway
Contributor III
Contributor III

Error maximum message size in the qv-user-manager ‘power tool’

I tried to list out the CAL & DMS data for a report document, where there are up to 2000 entries.
cmd /c ""C:\QlikView\Tools\qv-user-manager\qv-user-manager.exe" --list dms > dms.csv";

It failed with the following:

The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element.

I can add as many users as wanted but cannot then list them. I also get the same error when I try to delete them.
cmd /c ""C:\QlikView\Tools\qv-user-manager\qv-user-manager.exe" --remove dms --document qv_doc.qvw < dms.txt";

If anyone knows a way to work around this or fix it, I’d be very interested.

12 Replies
g_westaway
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

John, I'm not sure using abusive words is helpful here, we are all QlikView enthusiasts trying to make sense of it all.

Perhaps you could list a few reasons why changing the erver clock temporarily is not wise.

Actually I agree, but since we were migrating our license according to QlikTech requirements, we had to clean up  a very long list of data in short time.

Ideally the utility would not have 30 days hardcoded.

Stefan - take on board your comments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Giles,

apologies if I caused offense, it struck me that Stefan might have thought i was either a) supporting the notion of changing system time on a server or b) that I was doing it myself.

I just wanted to clarify to him that I wouldn't do such a thing in a million years.  if you do then that's your business. 

In my experience, practically every program and service running on the server relies on the fact that the next second from now will be greater than the last.  Log files updating, processes checking at scheduled times then performing this or that task.  all in an order that at its most basic level is defined by the system time.  If you go setting the system time to some point in the future, you are likely going to have to bring it back again.  This could cause all sorts of havoc and its just not worth doing on a production machine. 

If you feel that you were justified in doing so then thats totally not my business or concern. 

I agree with your point that the code should not be set to 30 days.  it can be set to zero days and does not affect the functionality of the Qlikview server's quarantine processes.

Regards,

John.

g_westaway
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi John - no problem at all, thanks for the explanation.

Although I noted what we had done, it wasn't actually a recommendation and QlikCommunity is a great forum for sharing experience and knowledge, where the documentation is scarce. Any further discoveries on qv-user-manager I will try to share.

Cheers Giles