cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Event Error (ID 300) on qvw.shared document

Hi All,

The BI server which Qlikview is installed on had restarted on it's own, probably due to an error,

After that I opened the Windows - event viewer to investigate what have gone wrong, and saw that it's filled with errors regarding to the qvw.shared files

Can anyone help to understand what is the issue?

Thanks

these are the errors I see in events:

1. Shared: An exception (An unknown error occurred while accessing D:\QLIKVIEW\PRODUCTION\APPLICATION\CM TOOLKIT.QVW.Shared.) occurred during reading to D:\QLIKVIEW\PRODUCTION\APPLICATION\CM TOOLKIT.QVW.Shared.

2. Shared: Error reading shared objects header: GenerationCounters (D:\QLIKVIEW\PRODUCTION\APPLICATION\CM TOOLKIT.QVW.Shared)

3. Shared: Error reading shared objects header: Toc (D:\QLIKVIEW\PRODUCTION\APPLICATION\CM TOOLKIT.QVW.Shared)

4. Shared: Error reading shared objects header: Bitmap (D:\QLIKVIEW\PRODUCTION\APPLICATION\CM TOOLKIT.QVW.Shared)

5. Shared: Failed at flushing D:\QLIKVIEW\PRODUCTION\APPLICATION\CM TOOLKIT.QVW.Shared.

6. Shared: LowLevelWrite - Failed on verifying the range.

7. Shared: Failed at flushing D:\QLIKVIEW\PRODUCTION\APPLICATION\CM TOOLKIT.QVW.Shared.

8. Shared: Error reading shared objects header: Toc (D:\QLIKVIEW\PRODUCTION\APPLICATION\CM TOOLKIT.QVW.Shared)

9. Shared: Error reading shared objects header: GenerationCounters (D:\QLIKVIEW\PRODUCTION\APPLICATION\CM TOOLKIT.QVW.Shared)

Example for error #3:

17-07-2017 11-26-17.png

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps the .shared file got corrupted when whatever happened that caused the server to restart. You can trying using Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView to repair the .shared file.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Nir,

While the Windows Event System/Application logs can be helpful, they are really secondary to the QlikView Server logs. Would suggest that you configure QVS logging to High Verbosity so that as much information as possible will be written to the QVS Events log.

Base upon the errors you reported, it seems there has been some .Shared file corruption. QVS has built-in .Shared file cleaning functionality, so would suggest that you use it. When you do, be sure to make backups of the .Shared file first.

Hope this helps,

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert and Chip,

Your answers are SUPER helpful

It's interesting to learn on managing these shared qvw's in the link Chip attached,

As I understand Power tools is actually a UI instead of using the command line..?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Yes, power tools is GUI based. Personally, I would use the .shared file cleaning functionality built into QVS, as this came from Qlik R&D and it works really well. Like I said earlier, make backups!

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!