Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excel export rows limit

Hi,

I've just installed a QlikView Server 11 SR2 but I have problem exporting rows to Excel from a straight table.

I can't export more than 65535 rows and on my pc I've installed Excel 2010.

What I have to check ? Why the export functionality doesn't create more sheet on the Exel file exported ?

Thanks a lot

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Two things here.

1. 65535 is the most you will be able to export without it being a CVS file.

2. Export to excel was never designed for large amount of data.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can export more than 65535 to a CSV file instead of Excel file.  Please find attached screenshot.

Help Menu-> About Qlikview -> Right mouse click on Qlikview icon -> Then reset the value for RowLimitForCSVInsteadofExcel option to your choice.

PFA screenshot for the same.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is only client side. You can add this to the QVS setting.ini file to have it work server side.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm sorry but on previous versions (Qlikview Server 10) exporting to Excel generated xls file with multiple sheet, each with 65535 records.

On the new envinroment it generates just one sheet.

Have you got any idea ?

Thanks

marcus_sommer

Hi Bill,

could you please post this (and similar) entries for the settings.ini. Thanks.

- Marcus

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Marcus,

Most of the setting in the easter egg can be used. However, I would check with support before you use them.

Bill