cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression Calculation incorrect only on Server

Hello,

We have a QV document deployed on our server version 9.00.7502.8.

At random points, an expression in one of our objects fails to calculate correctly, it returns zero for all values.  It is random as far as we can tell, it will work for weeks, and then stops working one day.  It requires a server restart to fix.  After the restart, everything is back to normal.  We have seen this behavior in multiple documents on our server.  If we open the document on our Qlikview Desktop application, it works fine, no issues.

The expression uses Set Analysis to select a range of periods. Here is an example. 

=sum({$<SEGMENT4={'401100','401200','401700','401800','401900','408200'}, CAL_YEAR={2013}, ACTUAL_FLAG = {'A'}, CAL_MONTH={$(=CONCAT(MONTH_SELECT1, ','))}, CAL_PERIOD= >  }  ACCTD_AMOUNT)

It is odd, because certain months will work, say selecting Feb, Mar, Apr, but Jan will return all zeros. My hunch is that Dollar Sign expansion is failing somehow.

I'm hoping someone could provide some guidance or at least let me know if you have ever seen this issue.

Help much appreciated!  It's causing our users not to trust our data.

Regards,

Steve

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

Did you manage to get a resolution?

I am faced with a similar problem on values calculated within the script, QV server version is 10.

We are in the process of updating to 11SR4, and will rerun the script and test.

Very weird,

Antoine

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, we were unable to resolve.  Fortunatly we are moving to QV11 so hopefully that fixes the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There may be a problem with the concat() function.  It doesn't work if the result is too long (don't ask me what is too long, I didn't test...).  Try to add distinct to make it shorter:

=CONCAT(DISTINCT MONTH_SELECT1, ',')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

After migrating to Qlikview version 11 we no longer have this problem.