Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

File access denied - help plz

Hi,

we have some trouble once more with the automated updating of a QlikView app:

- The server doing these updates now identifies itself (toword our NAS, where many original Excel files are) as a user.

- This user has been created express for that purpose like a regular Windows user.

=> On Monday, that user's password had expired as per our company policy and I had to change it.

- We have now specified that password in one place in the mgmt console, all the other automated reloads are fine now.

<=> That specific dashboard generates an error.

- The error message is, quite simply, "Access is denied" - so the user has no access rights - one would think

<=> But, when I log on and identify myself as that user, I can open the files in question!?

Can anyone offer me some advice as to what might be the reason for the errors (the access rights are obviously in place, so there must be something else)?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

this is also solved.

- When the server starts the scheduled reload, it identifies as the QlikView-User we have created.

<=> The task we wanted to start at 2pm was not scheduled. My boss logged on to the server as himself, so his access rights were considered, not the QlikView-user's access rights - and he doesn't have those. Simple actually...

Best regards,

DataNibbler