Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

File in use - there is a flag somewhere, but ?where?

Hi,

I remember reading about a txt file "In_use!" or so that is placed somewhere on the QV_Server to flag that a particular file is currently being used - I just cannot find it now. I think it was in my ebook, but a search for the keyword there didn't result in anything.

That  could possibly be helpful to avoid saving over one another's work ...

Can anybody tell me where that file was?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I did not go through such reading in qv. I guess, it would be something to do with OS. 

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I found it. It's in "QV Server and Publisher" in chapter 8 (logs)

The actual file (it is named "In_use.txt") is located inside the QDS_logs, in the subfolder for the particular task for the particular date.

Long version: Inside "DistributionService/1/Log", there is a subfolder with a datestamp and inside that, there is one subfolder for every single task that was run on that day - and inside the subfolder for the qvw (inside every one during the time it's in use, I guess), there is that file.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: The trouble is, those subfolders are quite hard to search since the filename starts with a number and contains the complete filepath...

P.P.S.: Oh - and, by the word of the book, this file says only that the task is being executed - so it's not sure that is the file is not there, the qvw is not currently open and there won't be any confusion when I save the file and someone else is currently working on it...