Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Files with hexadecimal names in Access Point directory

Hi,

I have ten or so files in my access point directory with names like this {FFFF8375-81F9-FFFFF-B92E-F8A05E888888}. (The example name has been altered, in case it has something to do with license or security.)

What are those?

The modified date of those files is from yesterday to a few months ago.

The size of the files varies from 0KB to 4.8GB.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
image242
Creator
Creator

I agree with Peter. I've seen those when I have a reload that fails half way through the distribution portion. It safe to just delete them. It won't affect your access point dashboards.

Jason

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Probably temporary files. What does the field QMC->System->Setup->QlikView Servers->Your server->Folders->System Folders->Alternate Temporary Files Folder Path contain?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. The Alternate Temporary Files Folder Path is empty in my configuration.

/Tobias

image242
Creator
Creator

I agree with Peter. I've seen those when I have a reload that fails half way through the distribution portion. It safe to just delete them. It won't affect your access point dashboards.

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replys. I have just removed the files from that directory, let see if anything happens.

BR,
Tobias

Not applicable
Author

Deleting the files did not have any negative consequences.