Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Flush the "ghosts" from QMC without server_restart?

Hi,

sometimes in the QMC, we experience some "ghosts" - tasks that are either displayed as failed, even after the corresponding apps have been moved and successfully reloaded - or tasks that are displayed as running for a nr. of days although no such task can be found in the task_manager of the server.

Is there a way to flush those "ghosts" from the QMC without the need for restarting the services? Those can only be restarted by IT, so I have to ask IT to do that, and since QlikView is not officially theirs, they will just go "oh yeah, it's stuck again ..."

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you have not upgrade to 11.20 SR10 or SR9  with patch 12745 there isn't much you can do.

Contact support and they can help you with getting the patch.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I know the feeling...

I have not found any other way. Qlik should fix this at some point

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you have not upgrade to 11.20 SR10 or SR9  with patch 12745 there isn't much you can do.

Contact support and they can help you with getting the patch.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

we have 11.20 SR9, but I think we don't have that patch yet, if it's recent. Is that in the long version number?

That is >>  11.20.12664.0 SR9 64-bit edition  <<

Can you tell me what exactly that patch does? Otherwise I'll ask support, no worries.

It's always a bit of a problem when we want to upgrade because we can't do that ourselves, we need IT and since QlikView is not officially supported by IT, they are always quite - wary of changing anything in case it might affect anything else on their server. They will probably only do it if an external consultant is present to stand by, and that costs of course - and takes a while.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

for now we did a restart of the QDS.

Now one of the two "ghosts" we had is gone - the other remains:

- The one that was displayed as running for 2 days is gone

- The one that failed at one time remains.

There is a background with the one that failed: There were a nr. of other apps behind this - it was inside a cascade of apps and I had forgotten to change the running_order. Then, after it failed for whatever reason, i fixed that and I also moved the .qvw file to and fro a bit, I think - now it's in a different folder than it was before, I don't remember exactly how often I moved it - I think I moved it three times. I didn't move the SHARED and the META files, however.

Also, I got a "task failed_email" last night around 11pm about a task, stating the directory where that app used to be - but it wasn't there anymore after 5pm or so.

I'm pretty sure that I did something I should not have done and that is the reason. The question is, how can I fix it?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

They did a lot of work on the QDS and how it sends and updates the work orders. This patch was release with SR10 and had to be applied to that also. This has stopped a lot of task failing and running for no reason.

On the other two ghost try this. Open up the task in the QMC Source Documents. On the General tab under "Task Description" click in the box and put a space. Then hit apply at the bottom and see if that will clear it.

Bill