Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Getting "<message text='No connection'/>" result from QVPX Global method "GetTicket"

I'm experimenting with the Authentication SDK sample in the QlikView SDK\Samples\Authentication\DMS_Http folder. I have my QlikView server (running locally) in DMS Authorization mode, Authentication is Allow anonymous. I've modified the sample to point to both the DNS name of my server as well as 'localhost', but I cannot generate a ticket. The XMLHttpRequest.responseText contains "<result><message text='No connection'/></result>" after the request is made.

Can anyone explain what might cause this?

(I apologize if I have not provided enough information on my configuration, I'm fairly new to QlikView.)

Thanks,
-Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have since found that a QVWS Ajax configuration option was preventing access.

Problem resolved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have since found that a QVWS Ajax configuration option was preventing access.

Problem resolved.

Not applicable
Author

Hello, interested in finding out exactly what your resolution was, since I'm dealing w/ the same issue:

<result><message text='No connection'/></result>

Not applicable
Author

To be honest, we've been through so many learning curve and configuration issues with QV since this issue was resolved that I cannot recall the specific solution, nor can I reproduce the issue using the prototype application we wrote.

One important point to remember for DMS authorization is to make sure the identity of the application pool used for your web app is a member of the QlikView Administrators group. Aside from that, a lot can be dependent on your configuration.

If the Application Pool identity is not your issue, can you provide more details on your environment and desired configuration? I may be able to compare it against ours and find the problem.