Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

HELP!! Upgraded the server to version 9 and how I get 'Page Cannot Be displayed'

Hi guys,
I'm panicking a bit! I upgraded the server (which prompted me to uninstall the existing 8.5 installation).
During the installation Microsoft .Net Framework tried to install but failed. The QV Server installation carried on as normal and I restarted the server when prompted.

Now if I try to access the QV server via the normal URL, I get the following:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

• Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
  • If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
  • Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

Can anybody suggest what I need to check/do in order to bring this back up for the users..

Thanks in advance,

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Define normal url Big Smile? Don't worry, take a deep breath and do the following.

Since it has changed in 9, make sure your user is in the QlikView Administrators group, you have to logout (of the machine) and login again in order to get to the new QMC (QlikView Management Console) it should be under Start >Program Files >QlikVIew >QlikVIew Management Console. For more reference the reference manaul should have installed as well under C:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation\QVS Reference Manaul.pdf.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Define normal url Big Smile? Don't worry, take a deep breath and do the following.

Since it has changed in 9, make sure your user is in the QlikView Administrators group, you have to logout (of the machine) and login again in order to get to the new QMC (QlikView Management Console) it should be under Start >Program Files >QlikVIew >QlikVIew Management Console. For more reference the reference manaul should have installed as well under C:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation\QVS Reference Manaul.pdf.

Hope this helps!