Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Has anyone made a sort of App Store for QlikView Apps?

If you did, could you explain how you went about it, and what worked and what didn't?

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not entirely sure what you are after, but are you using QV Server & AccessPoint ?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, we are using QV Server & AccessPoint! The thing is that we have many apps, and different users see different apps (ideally only apps that are relevant to them), so they don't know all the apps that are available so that they can request access to them. We want to create some kind of catalogue for our users, an "App Store" if you will, but we're not sure where to put this and/or how to "advertise" this to our users. I was wondering if anyone else was able to do this successfully or had thought about it and could offer some tips!

Not applicable
Author

are you looking for a place where your users have a central lcoation to access your qlikview applciations or are you looking for a place to post applications that customers outside of your organization can look into?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have not done anything like that per se.  Except via the obvious, that I expect you have already looked at, like the company intranet / newsletter and via the internal management structure.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

They key to adoption I have found is creating dashboards that people need and want to use.  Especially if it shows KPI's that their performance shall be measured against and then drills down to the transactional business data that was consolidated to calculate those KPI's.  Such dashboards, once over the initial hurdle, acquire internal organic growth via the intangible "word of mouth".  People generally use and search for things that help them achieve their KPI's.

Also I remember things that nobody wanted - usually because nobody had any real need for them. - and avoid things that previously failed.  But occasionally people were simply not ready for them before, but now could be.

Not applicable
Author

I would suggest some sort of intranet site or sharpoint site showing samples of the charts/analytics available.  You can also include contact inforamtion so they know who to follow up with to see about getting access to the application.

it could get involved if you are using section access within the application