Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I insert QlikView 11 objects into PowerPoint 2013?

I watched the video Harvey posted showing how to do this (http://community.qlik.com/message/248478#248478)

But I have not been able to get it to work yet. Probably something simple I’m missing, but have not yet been able to locate the answer in the forums.

Our organization has purchased Qlikview Server, and this will probably be much easier once that's installed, but we're a few weeks away from that, and I need to be able to drop some Qlikview objects into PowerPoint as soon as possible, and have them be interactive for me as well as other users.

When I copy any Qlikview object and then try to paste it into PowerPoint 2013 keeping source formatting (as the video demonstrates), nothing happens. If I drag and drop the object, still nothing happens. If I Insert>Object>QlikOCX Control, I get an empty rectangle with the Qlikview logo at the top left, but can't do anything with it.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Is this even possible without the Server environment?

Thanks!

Embedding QlikView Objects into MSOffice Documents

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey,

did you get it working?

I face the same problem.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Swtich to presentation mode. Imported Qlik objects won't do anything in design mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Peter, is it working for you in 2013? Did you do anything special to get it to work.

It works fine for me in 2010, but I face the exact same issue as Shawn in 2013. Might be a setting somewhere?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry, I also got as far as Office 2010, which I'm still using but not too much. Let me check if I can find someone with Office 2013.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I got confirmation from a colleague that in Office 2013 it works equally well. You may encounter some issues while trying to integrate a 64-bit QlikView OCX into a 32-bit Office. Apparently, SR10 does away with those "issues".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Didn't fix my issue, but thanks.