Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add CALs to QlikView Server?

Hi,

I have a QlikView Server (11) and I have purchased 5 Named User CAL and 20 Document CAL.

I have installed the server on a machine and I have the QlikView Management Console open, but i can't find out how to manage the CALs.

How do I add them?

How do I connect them to the actual user?

Thanks!

Ps. if this is not the right forum, I’d love to know which one is.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Amalin,

Here other documentation that can be useful.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

here (image) for named cal

In Genaral tab (left of Assigned Cal's) you can see the assigned cal and set some properties (Allow dynamic CAL assignment, etc....)

1.png

maxgro
MVP
MVP

for document cal go to document tab (the second one), choose a document using the filter at the top or clicking + in folders and then on the right choose document cal's tab

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response, but I want to see that I got the whole thing right.

Because there I couldn't find any formal guide on how to add users, I got this far by trial and error, but I'm not sure it is the right way.

To add users, I first need to add them to the 'Local Users and Groups' on my server, and adding 'QlikView Administrators' in 'Member Of'.

Then, to add named licenses, I need to add them under System>Licenses>Server>Client Access Licenses>Assigned CALs.

But, if I want to add a Document user, In addition to adding them in the 'Local Users and Groups', I need to go to the document in Documents>server>the document name>Document CALs, there to put a number larger than 0 in the 'Number of CALs allocated' (apply) and then add a named user by clicking on the two people symbol, and writing 'computerDomain\UserName' manually (as i don't see the name anywhere there).

Again, I'm asking this because I had to figure all that out by myself, and I wonder whether it is the right way to do so, or if there is a better way.

Thanks!

Giuseppe_Novello

Amalin,

Here other documentation that can be useful.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

To allocate document CAL. have a look at attached image.

Regards

ASHFAQ

ashishtams
Contributor II
Contributor II

very good information in the documents. Thanks.