Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to define Qlikview license expiration

Hi everyone,

How would I go about defining a policy to automatically expire licenses that have been used for X period of days?

We are finding that stale licenses are never recovered and we would ideally like to automate the process.

I am relatively new to involvement with this product so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Andrew,

To my knowledge, this is not part of the features available on the QlikView server, nor through the API.

You can imagine that if such a feature were available, SaaS could easily be implemented on QlikView Servers, licenses could constanlty be reused, automatically diminishing the number of licenses needed for an enterprise's user community. From a customer's wallet point of vue, this would be great. But, from an editor's revenue point of vue, not as much!

Regards,

Philippe

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Indeed this is not a standard feature of QlikView. However, it should be fairly easy to do if you know your way around building your own system scripts and utilities. There is a QV Power Tool for managing users and licenses. It can both grant and remove licenses.

See also this discussion Dynamic Doc Cal Deallocation for further suggestions.

Good luck,

Peter