Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to delete an app from QMC? No matter the files I delete. App is still showing up on QMC

How to delete an app from QMC? No matter the files I delete. App is still showing up on QMC.

I have deleted all the files related to the app, but its still showing up.

Should I bounce the qlikview service for this to reflect on QMC? Is it some how cached and showing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I've had this error and the correct way to delete a app with some task assigned is :

1.- Delete the task in QMC. Make sure your app has any task assigned.

2.- Delete the app (qvw file) from the folder

Thats all.... but in your case... you delete the app at the begining, you have to create a new QVW with the same Name and follow the above steps.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You have to remove the QVW file from the Document folder.

Besides, you have to disable or delete tasks that distribute the file to this folder.

Not applicable
Author

I did delete the files in the document folder. But it still shows up.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Goto document tab, find the application where the task belong, check that there is no document cals on, if it is, put down to 0, otherwise the application will show up in orphanes. Now, delete task, then remove application from folder. And if you want to remove from AccessPoint, then remove it from distribution folder.

//Staffan

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I've had this error and the correct way to delete a app with some task assigned is :

1.- Delete the task in QMC. Make sure your app has any task assigned.

2.- Delete the app (qvw file) from the folder

Thats all.... but in your case... you delete the app at the begining, you have to create a new QVW with the same Name and follow the above steps.

Best regards.

Not applicable
Author

Yes I tried the above and its fixed now. I had to recreate the folder, and had to have the same qvw file.

Once I created, I went ahead by deleted the task -> then the qvw file -> the folder itself.

Thx a bunch.

Narayan