Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to delete named cals with command line

So I have found an app that can delete all cals older than 30 days, which include named, documents and sessions, the app also can just delete document cals.  It does this in a gui or by calling the exe through the command line.  What I'm looking for though is to see if there is an API call to just delete named cals older than x number of days.

Here is the command line call: QVSManagerBatch.exe clean -server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -days=30 -filter=*Golf* -test -debug

Here is the app: community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5281

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Jeremy,

I am not an API expert, but if you look at the power tools the command below removes inactive CALs and I believe the power tools are set at 30 days. So, I would think if you look at the API manual you should be able to find the API call you are looking for.

-r, --remove=CAL|DMS       Remove specified users or inactive CALs [CAL|DMS]

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See http://community.qlik.com/message/358497#358497

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

See the problem with that is, it isn't really what I'm looking for.  I'm looking for an api call where I can pass in a variable that says all named user cals that haven't been used in x days, get deleted, so they can be put back into the pool to be used by others.  What you linked to with the power tools which I have looked at requires me to know the user that I'm removing the cal from, or create an excel document and delete based on who is in it. 

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Jeremy,

I am not an API expert, but if you look at the power tools the command below removes inactive CALs and I believe the power tools are set at 30 days. So, I would think if you look at the API manual you should be able to find the API call you are looking for.

-r, --remove=CAL|DMS       Remove specified users or inactive CALs [CAL|DMS]

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

This can now be closed as I have created a C# program to make the proper API calls to do what I want.  Essentially you connect to the server, which gives you a list of all commands and from there I was able to find the one I needed to use to get a list of used cals and based on the datetime, delete the named cal if the lastused date was greater than 2 days.