Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renovero
Creator
Creator

How to force Qlik to get rid of data in memory

Hello,

In our QlikView Server there is an option (but i don't know where) to Qlik to empty some of old data in memory modules. It is turning on automatically, when there is not enough of RAM, and I am reloading something.

The questions are

- where is the option, when and how much of Ram can Qlik handle before empty them?
- Is there any way to force that behaviour? For example, I need to reload app stored in memory but first I want to get rid of some older data, or maybe that app in memory, to give space ton new, actual version.
- As I saw, this behaviour is not 100% correct, there are times, when I am kicked out from Remote Desktop because the use of RAM is 100% and Qlik didn't start to place some data in trash.

I will be glad for answers 🙂

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @renovero 

The following articles describe how the Memory is managed:

QlikView Memory Management (Video)

Qlik Engine Memory Management

Qlik View server is running on high memory usage

Hope it helps.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

Albert_Candelario

Hi,

In order to free memory, you could reduce the document timeout of your QlikView server, but then the user experience might not be that good as the first user might need to wait a bit till the document is loaded again.

Another option you might use is the one described in:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003061

I hope this helps you!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @renovero 

The following articles describe how the Memory is managed:

QlikView Memory Management (Video)

Qlik Engine Memory Management

Qlik View server is running on high memory usage

Hope it helps.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

In order to free memory, you could reduce the document timeout of your QlikView server, but then the user experience might not be that good as the first user might need to wait a bit till the document is loaded again.

Another option you might use is the one described in:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003061

I hope this helps you!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
renovero
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank You @Albert_Candelario  and @NadiaB  for provide me this documents, it makes me clear my mind a little 🙂