Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yevhenii_Senko
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to highlight QMC environment?

Hi Community,
Is there a way to highlight QMC environment e.g. Production or UAT?
It might help to avoid accidental actions on Prod.

I think I have seen it earlier but not sure where exactly.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am not aware of anything, what I have seen most customer do is put the environment into the resource names in the QMC, so they always have that staring back at them on the pages that have the resource references on them.  The only other thing would be an alias URL that has the environment name in it such that you could more easily tell from there.  

The only other thing would potentially be to check the styles.css page in the QMC common folder perhaps:

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QMCCommon

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am not aware of anything, what I have seen most customer do is put the environment into the resource names in the QMC, so they always have that staring back at them on the pages that have the resource references on them.  The only other thing would be an alias URL that has the environment name in it such that you could more easily tell from there.  

The only other thing would potentially be to check the styles.css page in the QMC common folder perhaps:

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QMCCommon

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Yevhenii_Senko
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Brett,
I will try it.