Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

How to see the system access tables ?

Hi,

in my Section Access, i'm loading data from a table and then i add 4 specific administrators which are hardcoded in the script (in case the database is not available)

The query grabs enough lines, add the administrators but is it possible after that to check the tables created and be sure that the username and security are ok ?  either in the script or anywhere else in the document and, of course, as an admin

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Frédéric,

Section access table is actually loaded into memory but hidden from users, which makes a lot of sense in terms of security: the table stores not only usernames but passwords and so.

But you can anyway load the same table you load in section access anywhere in the script, but renaming the fields to avoid concatenation. Note that in QlikView all tables are available to all users, but you can use the OMIT field to prevent users without privileges to see the fields that correspond with those from the renamed section access. So you have your section access as usual, but you load too the same table in some other part in the script.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Frédéric,

Section access table is actually loaded into memory but hidden from users, which makes a lot of sense in terms of security: the table stores not only usernames but passwords and so.

But you can anyway load the same table you load in section access anywhere in the script, but renaming the fields to avoid concatenation. Note that in QlikView all tables are available to all users, but you can use the OMIT field to prevent users without privileges to see the fields that correspond with those from the renamed section access. So you have your section access as usual, but you load too the same table in some other part in the script.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Miguel,

thank you for your answer.. so simple !!

Great

Fred.