Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Implement QVS User Objects in published QVW?

How can we implement user created objects in the access point in the published QVW?

One possible solution I tried was through the PowerTools Server Object Handler and taking ownership of the objects. However only specific objects would be visible to me after taking ownership. For example I could take ownership of user created sheets but cannot see listboxes/charts etc in that sheet.

Has anyone been successful on trying to implement or copy user created objects in the published QVW?

Regards,

ET

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes indeed. But:

• owning a sheet will not automatically assign all sheet objects to you or place the objects for you. Those are separate entities.
  • taking ownership will not in all cases move the objects to your AP document copy. You will get additional control over the objects in the Repository, but that's about it.

Using the user's credentials is the technique I use, because it takes nothing away from the original creator. And you can copy multiple objects at a time.

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you mean: backporting user-created Server objects to the original QVW file? See here: Merge Server Object into QVW

Do you mean: using user-created Server objects in your own copy of the AccessPoint document? ask the creator to share the objects and import them from the Repository list. Sheets cannot be shared or imported in this way. You'll have to recreate them. As a result, you cannot import sets of objects. You'll have to import them one by one.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hello pcammaert,

Thanks for your reply.

I meant backporting the user created server objects into the original created QVW. Should I not be able to see the new sheet along with the user created objects as the user who created it if I change ownership of the object in the server through the Server Object Handler Tool instead of having to log in through their credentials?

Regards,

ET

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes indeed. But:

• owning a sheet will not automatically assign all sheet objects to you or place the objects for you. Those are separate entities.
  • taking ownership will not in all cases move the objects to your AP document copy. You will get additional control over the objects in the Repository, but that's about it.

Using the user's credentials is the technique I use, because it takes nothing away from the original creator. And you can copy multiple objects at a time.

Peter