Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Import certificate on QlikView WebServer SSL

"netsh http add sslcert ipport=ipaddress_of_the_server:443 certhash=xxxxxxxxxxxx appid={xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}"

Which ipadress shold be used?

Where shold the certificate be imported? I have 2 servers.

1.Publisher with services QMS, QDS

2. QVServer with QVWS, QVS, DCS.

I have the thumbprint and the appid already.

18 Replies
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

find full details in this link

Enable SSL - QlikView Webserver

I can walk on water when it freezes
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Ok, so the correct IP is 0.0.0.0:443?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Hi,

Still no answer on what server I should do this. All documentation seams to be on a single server installation.

a. ipport parameter specifies the IP address and port (ensure the ipport = 0.0.0.0 (do not replace with the actual IP Address)

What means? use 0.0.0.0 or?

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

yes

I can walk on water when it freezes
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

SSL Certificate add failed, Error: 1312 A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

I use .pem certificate

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The IP address should be 0.0.0.0  This mean if you have more than one adapter it will listen for request on all of them.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Hi Bill,

I have a Windows Server 2012 and a certificate .pem. When use the string "netsh http add sslcert......." in cmd as Administrator it shows:

SSL Certificate add failed, Error: 1312 A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

And yes I have use the correct numbers from Thumbprint and Appid, I have check that over and over again. I have also export the certificate to PKCS#7, but still no luck. There are plenty of explanations how to solve this on the web.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There are two parts to a SSL certificate.

1. the CRT file which is the public key (signed Certificate)

2. the PFX which is the Private Key

You have to install both. I have never had an issue with this.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.