Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wandapec
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Invalid Request: Root element is missing.

I have recently started accessing models via the Access Point using Safari on a MacBook Pro (Mountain Lion 10.8.3). Everything works perfectly. I used to access the QMC using Google Chrome and that worked, but when I click on anything in the QMC in Safari I get an error message - "Invalid Request: Root element is missing."

Any ideas?

6 Replies
Not applicable

Works with Chrome, I have my fingers crossed that someday an update will allow me to manage with Safari/

Giuseppe_Novello

Steve,

What version of Qlikview do you have? and what version of safari do you have? please provide the exact built number.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable

I may not be the shining example, but I had the issue before I was using Yosemite beta.

I am running Safari 8.0 (10600.1.15)

OSX Yosemite Version 10.10 (updated today 9/2/14)

Server is Windows 2008R2 Enterprise

QlikView Client Build Number 11.20.12451.0

Eric Olson

IT Manager

Harmonic Drive LLC - http://www.harmonicdrive.net/

247 Lynnfield St. - Peabody, MA - 01960

(978) 573-3412

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Giuseppe_Novello

Eric,

DO you click on a specific tab within the QMC that might cause the issue? or add a folder or name cal, etc?

or just get into QMC, you get the error?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Giuseppe_Novello

Eric,

Okay, it seems that Safari 8.0 it is not supported yet, We currently support 7.0 of Safari, for that you might encounter all kind of issues with Safari 8.0. As workaround try different browser like Chrome or FF.

You can read more:

https://d1cf4w4kkla6tb.cloudfront.net/qlikview/11.20/12451/QlikView%2011.2%20SR7%20System%20Requirem...

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable

Great to hear Safari 7.0 is supported. 
Thank you.