Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there any way to tell QlikView to retry scheduled document reloads?

Every once in a while a report will fail at its scheduled time.  It's seemingly a different report each time, and I do have a number of reports refreshing at once.  Most of the time they run just fine an hour later if I "kick" them when I get into the office.  Is there any way to have QMC wait and retry after a failure?

I'm using QlikView 11.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelTerenzi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

What I have done for this in the past is to create a Pause Task. Make the Pause Task fire upon the failure of your desired task.

Add another trigger to your desired task and trigger it upon the successful completion of your pause task.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jonathan,

In the Documents, Source Documents, expand and click on the task, Triggers tab of the task, set it to try 2 or 3 times:

qcomTaskRetries.PNG

Hope that helps.

Miguel

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I'd like to add that this option if just available if you are using QlikView Publisher

Best Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

No such tab exists.  So you have to pay for Publisher to get the ability for scheduled tasks to retry?

MichaelTerenzi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

What I have done for this in the past is to create a Pause Task. Make the Pause Task fire upon the failure of your desired task.

Add another trigger to your desired task and trigger it upon the successful completion of your pause task.

Not applicable
Author

Ouch, for 129 scheduled jobs that would take a while.  Still, it's probably the best possible workaround.  Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Could u plz give an eg. of how to trigger a reload(of pause task) on failure of other task ?

Also,how to trigger reload of a qvw on success of two different tasks,1 the original qvw(in case of success) & 2 the pause task(in case of failure) ?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great idea!

Just wondering... setting this up creates an infinate recursive schedule. Could that cause problems having an infinite loop?

I have an initial load task which triggers a chain of several subsequent tasks. If I set it up to use the pause task on failure, the schedule is:

Load task

On success - subsequent task 1

On success - subsequent task 2

etc.

On Failure - pause task

On success - Load task

etc.

On Failure - pause task 

On success - Load task

etc.

On Failure - pause task

etc etc etc.

Perhaps you can put a maximum retries on the pause task? But the 'Status - tasks' window still shows an infinite loop.

It works, but an could it cause problems in the scheduler?

cheers