Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Not applicable

Issues with QV11 SR1

Hello,

Since we upgraded to QV11SR1 we have several issues with the ajax client.

On opening the tabrows are not shown, when I go to another sheet via a button then the tabrows show up again.

Sheet headers (background image of a sheet) are not shown on opening, after a few switches between sheets the the headers/images reappear.

Righ mouse button doesn't work, nothing shows/pops up if you use right mouse button.

All icons in the caption of tables are gone.

Is there some option/property in ther server I'm missing, which causes all these problems?

The previous version we used was QV11IR. With this version we had none of the above described problems.

Right know Im thinking of going back to QV11IR.

Does somebody have a solution/idea for the above described issues?

Any help would be appreciated.

gr.

Frank

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Issues with QV11 SR1

The IIS was referencing to QvAjax.js of the qv11IR and not not to the QvAjax.js of QV11S1.

This solved all the problems.

9 Replies
MVP
MVP

Issues with QV11 SR1

Hi Frank,

Just to make sure you are using the most updated version of SR1, can you please verify you are using all Server, Desktop and Plugin (in installed) in version 11 build 11282 ?

I'm not experiencing those issues in the Ajax client in either Firefox, Chrome or IE.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable

Re: Issues with QV11 SR1

Hi Miguel ,

Both server,desktop en the Plugin are version11SR11 build 11282. So that can't be the problem.

If I open the javascript console in chrome I get the following error when opening a document:

  1. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    1. Qva.Mgr.toolbar.PostPaintDefaultQvAjax.js:58
    2. Qva.Mgr.toolbar.PostPaintQvAjax.js:58
    3. Qva.PageBinding.avqAsyncPostPaintQvAjax.js:25
    4. (anonymous function)

Any idea what that means?


MVP
MVP

Re: Issues with QV11 SR1

Hi Frank,

Do you have .NET 4 Extended installed in your Server? Does it happen with any documents even a new one or only to some of them? If so, what do they have in common?

Are you using Workbench or integrating with Sharepoint?

Miguel

Not applicable

Issues with QV11 SR1

Miguel,

.NET 4 extended is installed on the server. It happens to all the documents on the server.

I'm not using workbench or sharepoint.

Frank

Employee
Employee

Issues with QV11 SR1

I was looking at this with interest. Was looking at an issue like this yesterday with QV11 IR and the person ungrade SR1 and the problem went away.

Not applicable

Issues with QV11 SR1

He Bill,

What do you mean exactly? That this person downgraded to IR and the problems went away?

Employee
Employee

Issues with QV11 SR1

Frank,

I was getting ready to update this. The issue this person was having wasn't the Tab rows it was the menu bar was missing. Sorry.

Employee
Employee

Issues with QV11 SR1

Hi Frank

I am not exactly sure what the issue is here, but I was testing a similar problem for a client and found what appears to be a work-around / solution.

Backup the application first...

Open the app in v11 SR1 desktop

Add some new tabs and position them at the front of the tab row,

Use Copy All and Paste to replicate the content on your old tabs onto the new tabs

Delete the old tabs and re-label the new ones

Save to the server and test in AJAX. Problem should hopefully be solved.

Not applicable

Issues with QV11 SR1

The IIS was referencing to QvAjax.js of the qv11IR and not not to the QvAjax.js of QV11S1.

This solved all the problems.

Community Browser