Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denwo2010
Creator
Creator

Issues with installation of QlikView v11 sr1

Hi,

We have an issue with the upgrade we did from version 9 to version 11.

Most of the users are being prompted with the "attached" screen when they access “Access Point” prompting them to add their Network Id and Password.

Once they enter this information, they then see the documents they have access to.

Some users though do not see the “Sign In” screen and just go straight into “Access Point” so it is a bit strange why this would be?

Any ideas why this would be happening and anything that I need to check on server?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mellerbeck
Creator II
Creator II

This has happened with Qlikview 11, another thing I have seen is that if you wait on the Portal page too long it will ask you for your creds again. If you refresh the page it will do the pass through credentials, and you can get into qlikviews again. They are supposed to have fixed this time out value with SR2... one way I've found around it is in how you create the shortcut to the document

http://yourserver/QvPlugin/opendoc.htm?document=folder/qlikview.qvw

Try a shortcut like this (of course fill in your values) and see if it handles passing your creds correctly    

View solution in original post

14 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try having the users clear cache.

-Rob

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob,

Yes the cache has been cleared on their machine

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Make sure that the Default Login page is get under Web Server..

QV11-2012-10-09-06-39-37.png

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Bill,

Yes this is the exact same.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Are you using IIS or QVWS?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

I believe we are using the QVWS but how would I check this to make sure?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I've seen something like this before. The issue was that the machine would not recognize the server as being in the intranet zone. It was fixed by Reseting the Internet Explorer settings. That's done in Internet Options, Advanced tab.

-Rob

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob,

What exactly needs to be checked and resetted on the Advanced tab?

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Click the Reset button under the "reset Internet Explorer settings" section. On the next pane, I don't think you need to check the "delete personal data" box.

-Rob