Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Know how many machines are using the license

Is there a way to find out how many machines in the network are currently using a particular Server license? Better if there's also a way in identifying them.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Is your server license enabled for clustering?  If not, then the QV Server services will be on stand-by until you stop the other QV Server services.  This depends on the version you have, but since QV 9 you should be able to see the other QV Server in the QV Enterprise Management Console in Status->Services and then selecting the QV Server service.  You should see an error that says that the service is not able to do a cluster with SERVERNAME.

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karl!

We're currently using QV 9 SR7 and our server license is not enabled for clustering. I don't see the name of the other servers in the network that used the same license in the error message - only the message Cluster Count Exceeded. It be great if I can identify the specific machine so we can clean them up (i.e. remove Qlikview from it and consolidate, etc).

Ronald

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

It seems I was a little off.  QV telling you which other QV Server exists by server name must have been new in v10.  You might be able to find software that scans the ports or services of other computers to see which computer is listening on the port 4747.  Otherwise, it might be easier to temporarily install v10 and have QV tell you which other computers have QV Server.

Karl

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Just found this tool on the community that appears to contain a tool that will search for QV Servers running on the network.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2649

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Sorry it took me this long to reply.

I gave the power tools a try with QV9, but it can only detect the localhost server, not the other QV servers on the network. We're in the process of upgrading to QV11 and the power tools are working there. So I guess it's way more useful to be in QV11 (or at least QV10) to know which servers are using the same license.

Thanks again Karl.