Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaanDaanDaan
Contributor
Contributor

Leasing licenses in Qlikview 12

Hi,

I’ve a questions about leasing licenses in Qlikview 12 (November 2018).

Is there a technical brief for leasing licenses for this version of Qlikview?

I’ve found a technical brief where it explains it is possible to lease three licenses max. But we’re able to get four licenses with Enterprise license and five licenses with the Small Business Server license.

So I’m confused about this.

Can anyone tell me what’s the real story about leasing licenses?

Regards,

Daniël

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The value did change just FYI, and I cannot say if it will remain at that number or potentially be adjusted again, so do not be surprised if it changes in the future, but I do know it did increase to 4 for the moment.  Primarily this was due to a number of customers running Citrix setups where they had a farm of servers and the need to have leases on all servers in the farm etc.  Hopefully this is the explanation for which you were looking, but again, things are subject to change in future releases.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I am not sure about 3 licenses leasing for a single user (Named CAL). I knew it was 2. 

A single user can lease up to two licenses to two separate workstations within 
a 24 hour / 7 day period

Could you refer to the document or share here you are talking about? You may refer: Qlik Lease License

DaanDaanDaan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Alright. If it is two, how is it possible that i'm able to lease four licenses?

Every lease is from another workstation but same user ID.

4 licenses leased, unique hostname same UserID4 licenses leased, unique hostname same UserID

Regards,

Daniël

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Interesting. Do you see any errors in the settings.ini for the Desktop client?

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini

DaanDaanDaan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Chris_Rice,

The settings.ini shows no errors. There's a timestamp on which moment the license is leased.

Regards,

Daniël

ryanjenson90
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for this ! it was really helpful ! Regards best free cad software for beginners
ryanjenson90
Contributor
Contributor

Great , i think this is the best way to block google chrome websites which are harmful for our pc .

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The value did change just FYI, and I cannot say if it will remain at that number or potentially be adjusted again, so do not be surprised if it changes in the future, but I do know it did increase to 4 for the moment.  Primarily this was due to a number of customers running Citrix setups where they had a farm of servers and the need to have leases on all servers in the farm etc.  Hopefully this is the explanation for which you were looking, but again, things are subject to change in future releases.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.