Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Licence Lease

Hi,

I'm trying to lease a licence from my productive server (where I usually do this with localhost) and now, when I open any qvw in this server I still have the "Personal Edition". What should I do? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

7 Replies
trappersw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

In your personal edition, go to Window/Start Page/Open in server.

Type in the adress-textfield:

qvp://DOMAIN/USER@SERVER

Click 'Open'.

You should be in the same domain as you server and the firewall of your servermachine has to accept your request.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm doing it like that... And also with the authentication: "Log on as domanin\username" and in the server: qvp://localhost

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Juan

Have you already leased a Named CAL with your AD User on other machines ?

You can only have have active leases on 2 machines per AD User.

Best Regards,     Bill

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

can you post the file settings.ini placed at C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

this can tell us more

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have leased a Named CAL before, but I have actually 2 machines with a licences leased.

Also I attach the settings.ini

Not applicable
Author

You're sure port 4747 is open?

I have had to reboot before when leasing a license. Not sure what the issue was but that resolved it.

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

LeasedLicenseExpiry=2014-02-06 12:59:37, 2014-01-07 12:59:37

LeasedLicenseCheck=b72a3a56f435317f5b26afedc62f58efc87d9e48131cd04ef89693d34e3c75c6

LeasedLicenseServer=qvp://cobos170.gcn.local

DefaultLicenseLeaseServerURL=cobos170.gcn.local

According to this, you are still on a lease. I will suggest that you delete this part in the settings.ini file and try again to lease as the first time.

NOTE: if you had 2 machines with the same username with license leased and both are disconnected from the server, these machines will work. However if you are trying with a third one, this will not work. Limitations in the product, which hopefully will change soon.